Tuesday 5 February 2013

A.R.K. Starship

To the stars! 

The 8-hour space station to save humanity

So I must say, I was relatively disappointed when the boss announced that he was no longer going to direct a movie based on the evacuation of earth to a ginormous space station-come-starship orbiting the planet.

A let down to say the least, but now I had a pretty neat example of what I could make in 8 hours or so!

Without further adieu, I present to you some images of my "Ark" Space Station.


It consists of around 500 thousand polygons.




I wasn't explicitly told to detail everything (I'm sure in the long run it's probably not a good idea), but these little details help to tie everything together.



Here's a quick texture of the solar panels on board the Ark.



Above: The Ark's gyro machines.

Below: The engines of the Ark. 





I'll try not to make these too long. Thanks for viewing.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Wish I could afford to license that. It would be perfect for Gahye's Hope, the ark from my novel Orphans of the Void. That's the only piece I don't have for the cover illustration...

    ReplyDelete